One-to-One Core Care & Pelvic Floor Repair Postnatal Pilates & Recovery Course
When: Monday, Friday and Saturday mornings
Duration: Initial consultation is 90 minutes and follow up sessions are 75 minutes each
Dates: Please check my calendar for availability
Where: You have the choice between having your 1-2-1 session virtually using zoom or socially distanced at the Zing Wellness Studio or our garden.
Venue: Zing Wellness Studio, 80 Luton Road, Harpenden, AL5 2UT
What To Expect From This Core Care & Pelvic Floor Repair Postnatal Pilates & Wellbeing Course…
Congratulations! Your body has just been through a miraculous process and now you have a beautiful baby! We want to celebrate with you and give you the tools, time and space to heal. You deserve our gentle and respectful approach and to take the time you need to mend and replenish yourself.
Since we understand how much mums have to juggle we have created a version of the Core Care & Pelvic Floor Repair group course that can be done through private 1-2-1 classes.
Let us support you at this precious time as you are starting your lifelong journey as a mother.
We want you to finish the course feeling nourished, strong and wholly connected with your postnatal body. Listen to your body and throw away the ‘superwoman’ cape, if needs be! Now’s the time to do what is right for you and your family.
This 1-2-1 postnatal Pilates and wellbeing course,is jam-packed with all the essential information you need for a safe, supported and rejuvenating postnatal recovery. We will cover the same content as the group course but the sessions can be more specifically be tailored to suit your needs, we can spend more time on your areas of interest and we can focus on your goals all to your timescales. If your baby is a bit older or you have any specific postnatal problems this is often a preferred option.
I am truly passionate about supporting mums at this challenging postnatal time and have designed this course with the care I wish I’d had, particularly in those early days, firmly in mind. We’re here for you. Come and join us – and start building your own village of support.
The Postnatal Pilates & Wellbeing Course Includes:
- A 90 minute session incorporating a 30 min face to face deep health assessment with me or in the Zing Wellness Studio (socially-distanced, of course!) so I know everything I need to know before we start your 1-2-1 sessions. We’ll go through a health questionnaire, discuss your goals and assess your core function and posture. Followed by a 60 min massage or myofascial self-release session (if massage isn’t your thing). If being away from your family for 90 minutes is too much these two sessions can be split into two.
- 3 x 75 minute 1-2-1 Pilates classes, covering six different postnatal recovery topics. I suggest you have at least 2-4 weeks between each session to work through the online course material.
- An equipment bundle (worth £32). that will include a spiky massage ball, a fascial release ball, a Pilates overball, two therabands and an under-door anchor
- A Zing Wellness joining gift of a pack of 30 positive affirmation cards for mums
- Access to a supportive closed Facebook group and your class’s WhatsApp group, for continuous support between classes
- Access to online course material which includes:
- Six pre-recorded Pilates classes each with its own postnatal recovery topic
- Extra exercises in each of the 6 weeks so you can choose to do your exercises in bite size chunks or have a whole hour to yourself to focus on your wellbeing
- Our favourite nutritious, healing and easy recipes to promote postnatal healing
- Further information on each of the postnatal recovery topics
- A Meditation for Mums download, written by me with you in mind
- Informative interviews with some of our favourite postnatal experts who will share their knowledge and experience. You’ll learn from an Osteopath, a Massage & Scar Therapist, a
Women’s Health Physiotherapist such as Hertfordshire Women’s Health and Becky Aston Physiotherapy, a Nutritionist, a Breastfeeding Counsellor, a Postnatal Doula and Holistic Sleep Coach and an Acupuncturist
The Postnatal Recovery Topics We Cover:
In all our Pilates classes we focus on gentle releases to alleviate post-pregnancy and postnatal tension in the body. We’ll work to find your optimal posture now you are no longer pregnant. We’ll restore core function, including the rehabilitation of diastasis recti and reconnection with your pelvic floor and we include functional exercises to strengthen your body in preparation for life as a mum.
The class topics are as follows:
- Week 1 – Posture, the pelvic floor and back care in the postnatal period
- Week 2 – Stretch and release
- Week 3 – Breath, the pelvic floor and restoring your core
- Week 4 – Self-care, relaxation, stress and nutrition in the postnatal period
- Week 5 – Those pesky glutes and why they are important
- Week 6 – Motherhood movement patterns – a gentle introduction of more functional
exercise like pushing, pulling, lifting, lunging and squatting.
This course is followed by a Core Care & Pelvic Floor Repair Into Practice group class or Mums That Move (without babies) group class you can attend to practise, reinforce and embed everything you have learned. .
Your Pilates Course
Sign up to this course.
You have the choice between having your 1-2-1 session virtually using zoom or socially distanced at the Zing Wellness Studio or in our garden.
Address: 80 Luton Road, Harpenden, AL5 2UT
Telephone: 07747 77857
- When can I start the Pilates classes? You can start classes from 6-8 weeks postnatal after your 6/8 week check depending on whether you had any complications and how you are feeling.
- Can I bring my baby to the Pilates class? You may bring your babies until they start crawling but they remain your responsibility and are not involved in the class.
If my children aren’t babies anymore is this still relevant for me? The course is relevant regardless of how old your children are. If you have any concerns with your pelvic floor function, have diastasis recti or a weak core this is for you!
What do I wear to the Pilates class? Please bring some water and wear comfortable clothing including socks.
What do I need to bring to the Pilates class? Please bring something for your baby to lie on and perhaps some toys for baby to play with.
How do I book my Pilates 1-2-1′s and when are you available to teach them? You will be given a code to book your one to ones online but note the slots will only be available on Wednesday afternoons, Thursday afternoons, Friday mornings and some Saturdays as these are days I run my private classes.
Destress and have an opportunity to talk
Learn how to safely undertake everyday activities
Regain stability and strength
Release postural tensions & learn techniques to improve your posture and alignment
Move your body
Increase your energy levels
Tackle those aches and pains
Heal your diastasic recti
Connect with your pelvic floor and deep abdominals. Learn how to both release and strengthen them
Eliminate urinary incontinence and those ‘whoops’ movements when you cough, sneeze, run or jump
Reduce your mummy tummy
Learn how to integrate Pilates into your everyday movement patterns
Return to higher impact exercise safely
Widen your pre and postnatal support network by meeting a range of trusted experts
I cannot recommend the 1-2-1 Core Care & Pelvic Floor Repair Course highly enough. Thanks to Angela’s expertise (shared passionately in the sessions and through the invaluable online content) I was able to reconnect with my core, fix niggles I didn’t even know I had and get back to my pre-pregnancy exercise. I only wish I had found the course sooner! Thank you, Angela, for taking such great care of me 🙂
After discovering Angela’s fantastic group post-natal Pilates classes, I decided to attend some private 1-2-1 sessions, as I was keen to repair my abdominal separation. Angela put together a program tailored specifically to my needs and guided me through each exercise, ensuring correct alignment, breathing and pelvic floor control. Angela works with you at a very slow and controlled pace and explains the science behind the exercises in a really accessible way, which I find fascinating – I like to know why I am being asked to do something! I found this also helped me to practise the exercises at home with confidence in between sessions.With Angela’s help, I was able to restore my abdominal separation and was soon signed off to exercise again. I still use the techniques taught to me by Angela to help prepare for exercise and to ensure I’m doing so in a safe and effective way for my own body. I would recommend Angela’s group and 1-2-1 classes without hesitation as they have undoubtedly transformed my quality of life post-pregnancy and sparked a passion for Pilates I never knew I had.
I just wanted to say that in addition to loving the Pilates sessions I also always left the sessions feeling mentally and emotionally more balanced. You strike me as a kind of healer – I hope you’re not offended!
Just wanted to say ‘keep up the great work’ and I will be in touch for a massage with James.
I am officially converted! I always thought that the gym was the best place for me to exercise but after my third very large baby I needed to approach rehabilitating my body in a different way. I attended Angela’s mother and baby pilates classes, followed by some one to one sessions and now evening classes. I feel so much stronger, am well on the way to resolving my abdominal separation and am the most flexible I have ever been. I have vowed to continue pilates and cannot recommend Angela’s teaching style and personable approach highly enough.