Meet The Team
Founder, Pilates Teacher & Hypnobirthing Teacher
Sport & Remedial Massage Therapist
Pilates has changed my life (read my story here).
It has helped me in the process of understanding, listening to and respecting my body. It has made me gentler, kinder and considerably stronger. Pilates continues to help me, emotionally and physically, every single day because I firmly believe that healing is a continuous journey and not a final destination.
Like many of us, I am learning to enjoy life’s journey more, resisting the temptation to focus on the next big goal and to appreciate every moment, wholeheartedly. Pilates allows me to value my body and the miracles it has created, to listen to and respect my body, always being mindful of how it feels and how it might respond to every breath and movement. I understand now this feeling differs day to day, month to month, and at different times of the monthly cycle and this understanding has made me far less competitive with myself. Movement should be restorative, nourishing, re-energising, de-stressing and strengthening.
If this is your ethos too, my classes are for you.
It is this perspective that I share with my clients. What you do to support your body as you prepare for conception, experience pregnancy, and recover in the postnatal period is instrumental. Left untreated, obstetric events can have repercussions during menopause.
Pilates has empowered me to deal with chronic pain; it enabled me to prepare for, and recover from, multiple major hip surgeries, including two hip replacements. It has helped me with my own anxiety. It gave me much needed relief from a stressful job. It helped me to rehabilitate a rectal and bladder prolapse caused by my first medicalised birth. It also helped me to stop leaking urine every time I coughed or sneezed after that birth. It has supported my recovery from bowel cancer, both physically and emotionally. It has helped me to deal with all the aches and pains that come with motherhood and has opened up a village of wonderful support that I believe every mother needs and deserves.
Pilates is one of the most important gifts you can give your body.
Angela’s Specialist Women’s Health Training
Supporting pregnant and postnatal women has led me to do lots more specialist training including:
- Rachel Rafiefar Thoughtful Body Pregnancy and Postnatal Postgraduate Assessment in June 2015
- Heather King Smith’s Restoring the Core (Pelvic Floor Dysfunctions and Diastasis Rectus) course with Mbodies in March 2017
- Jessica Coveley’s Practical Fascial Release Methods for Movement Professionals with Mbodies in April 2017
- Carolyne Anthony’s Center for Women’s Fitness Support Your Floor in July 2017
- Carolyne Anthony’s Center for Women’s Fitness Diastasis Recti Recovery in July 2017
- Carolyne Anthony’s Center for Women’s Fitness Pilates for Menopause in July 2017
- Carolyne Anthony’s Center for Women’s Fitness Pre and Postnatal training in July 2017
- Advanced CPD in Modern Post Natal Assessment, Core Restore & Functional Exercise Programming with Burrell Education, in Nov 2017
- Carolyne Anthony’s Center for Women’s Fitness Rocking and Rolling to Release April 2018
- Independent Hypnobirthing Practitioner with Dani Diosi of MamaSerene in Jan 2019
- Reiki for birth workers, Holy Fire level I & II with Sophie Messager in Feb 2020
- Advanced Pregnancy Wellness Practitioner Level 2 with Burrell Education in May 2020
- Three Step Rewind Training birth trauma training with Ruth Olayinka in Feb 2021
- Closing The Bones training with Sophie Messager in Nov 2021
- Buff Bones in July 2022
I’m Nikki, a sport and remedial massage therapist.
I am passionate about taking care of the body through massage and activity. I enjoy helping to release everyday tensions caused by posture, sport participation & injury, life movements and stresses. Whilst the immediate relief is important, therapy also has to be about identifying what the cause is and working to change the outcome.
I have participated in rugby and netball since I was at school and as part of that became aware of the body’s anatomy and physiology, how it works during activity and the instant benefits of having a massage.
Having thought about training as a massage therapist for many years, in 2015 I completed a full year course achieving a BTEC Level 5 Diploma in Clinical Sport and Remedial massage Therapy.
Since then, I have had two children and understand even more now what the body can go through and what it requires to make it strong again.
I look forward to working with you.